Running a creative practice isn’t about managing to find enough clients – it’s about managing to find the right ones.
I’ve been thinking a lot about how we can get there and I’ve compiled ten questions to ask yourself to guide your thinking about what kind of clients will enable you to do the work you want:
1. If you could only work with a few brands/clients, which would you choose?
2. Why are these clients ideal for you?
3. What do these ideal clients want from a creative service provider?
4. What do you want from your clients?
5. What story will you tell clients about why you are the best for them?
6. What story will you tell clients about why they are the best fit for you?
7. How will you price your services to attract only those ideal clients?
8. How many of these right customers do you need to build a viable practice?
9. Where will you find these ideal clients?
10. How will these clients find you?
Client-Creative fit is so extremely underrated.
George Kroustallis // Minorstep